Friday, February 3, 2012

ICTHUS





I love this image from Biblical Impressions (scroll toward bottom of page). This fish symbol is sort of an ancient times acronym; the letters stand for Greek words that mean Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior. Shortly after the time of Christ, intense persecution was inflicted upon Christians by the Roman Empire, and this symbol was a way of communicating with another believer that they were in like company, and could be free to talk of their faith.

I used twinkling H2O's to color, though when doing the earth toned fish, I realized that I did not have enough colors. So, I used markers, then lightly brushed a neutral H2O over the spaces so that they would have the same glimmer. I'd recently been deploring the lack of nice magnets on our refrigerator, so the smaller ones I mounted onto dominoes, and attached to magnets.



1 comment: